This post contains affiliate links. This means I will make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase. Read the full disclosure here.
We’re all trying to improve our lives in one way or another.
Maybe you have a goal to eat healthier or work out more. Lose a certain amount of weight, or make a certain salary.
Those are all good goals, but they’re all long-term.
You don’t need to only set long-term goals to improve yourself! There are little things, and daily habits to improve your life that you can start right now!
So in this post, I’m talking about all of the habits you can pick up quickly and incorporate into your everyday living!
These are things that you can start today, (right now!) and begin to improve your life.
Healthy daily habits to improve your life
To start, let’s talk about habits that are going to be about your overall health.
Eating healthier, getting more sleep, and everything else to make your body feel better!
- Get the rest you need (whether that is waking up early, or sleeping in! Don’t feel bad for getting the rest you deserve!)
- Make a healthy breakfast
- Go on a walk
- Drink more water! (I love drinking out of my custom Etsy mug!)
- Do some relaxing yoga when you get up
- Eat fresh food (More vegtables, less junk food!)
- Reduce the amount of pop and sugary drinks you have
- Take any vitamins you need
- Plan your meals to include more healthy options (I personally loved Hello Fresh food delivery service, if you don’t have time to meal plan!!)
- Have healthy foods ready to eat on hand (stored in the freezer if needed!)
Self-care- Daily habits to improve your life
- Read a self-help book
- Drink your favorite teas
- Say daily affirmations
- Brush your teeth
- Take a shower or bath with some cute bath bombs
- Spend less time on your phone or other electronics
- Do a social media detox
- Take time to be creative
- Work on a project you love
- Do a puzzle or something else you find relaxing
- Manifest or fill out your bullet journal
- Listen to your favorite music
- Practice gratitude
Daily habits to improve your happiness
- Spend quality time with friends or loved ones
- Take yourself on a date
- Plan your meals for the day
- Clean one room in your house (More, if you can manage!)
- Go for a walk
- Declutter your closet or any space in your home
- Open the blinds to let the sun in
- Reflect on all you’ve accomplished
- Read your favorite book
Daily habits to feel productive
- Make the bed when you wake up
- Organize your house
- Track your finances/set up a budget
- Do the dishes
- Plan your day for tomorrow
- Pick out your work outfit for tomorrow
- Create goals
- Plan your meals for the week
- Join a new workout class, or hit the gym!
- Turn off your phone, or limit social media time
- Create a vision board
There are a lot of things to go through here and I know it can be easy to get overwhelmed just looking at this list!
But don’t worry, you do not need to start implementing all of these things in your daily life today!
In fact, that would be pretty impossible to do!
A lot of these things may not apply to you or even be possible to accomplish, and that’s okay!
Take just a few things from this list and start working on them little by little!
Remember, Rome wasn’t built in a day. Your life-changing daily habits will be no different!
It can take 2-3 months of doing the same thing over and over for it to be considered a habit.
So take things slow, and enjoy every moment you have!
You Might Like:
- 5 Books To Read to Improve Yourself
- 45 Self-Care Ideas for Spring! How to Have a Happy, Healthy Season!
- 3 Easy Tips to Build your Self-Esteem as a Woman